Current:Home > InvestBuckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -消息
Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Ethermac View
Date:2025-04-06 15:29:52
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party, which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (3)
Related
- Bill Belichick's salary at North Carolina: School releases football coach's contract details
- Rapper Travis Scott arrested in Miami Beach for misdemeanor trespassing and public intoxication
- How Rickwood Field was renovated for historic MLB game: 'We maintained the magic'
- Selling Sunset’s Chelsea Lazkani Reveals How She’s Navigating Divorce “Mess”
- New Mexico governor seeks funding to recycle fracking water, expand preschool, treat mental health
- The Supreme Court upholds a tax on foreign income over a challenge backed by business interests
- Republican state lawmaker arrested in middle of night in Lansing
- New Zealand rugby star Connor Garden-Bachop dies at 25 after a medical event
- Pregnant Kylie Kelce Shares Hilarious Question Her Daughter Asked Jason Kelce Amid Rising Fame
- California voters lose a shot at checking state and local tax hikes at the polls
Ranking
- B.A. Parker is learning the banjo
- CDK cyberattack shuts down auto dealerships across the U.S. Here's what to know.
- Former Sen. Carol Moseley Braun will have memoir out in 2025
- TikTok unveils interactive Taylor Swift feature ahead of London Eras Tour shows
- Brianna LaPaglia Reveals The Meaning Behind Her "Chickenfry" Nickname
- Oilers fever overtakes Edmonton as fans dream of a Stanley Cup comeback against Florida
- Kane Brown and Wife Katelyn Brown Welcome Baby No. 3
- New York Gov. Kathy Hochul signs bill targeting addictive social media platforms: Our kids are in distress
Recommendation
New Zealand official reverses visa refusal for US conservative influencer Candace Owens
The Supreme Court upholds the conviction of woman who challenged expert testimony in a drug case
Lauren Conrad Supports Husband William Tell's Reunion With Band Something Corporate
IRS says ‘vast majority’ of 1 million pandemic-era credit claims show a risk of being improper
'As foretold in the prophecy': Elon Musk and internet react as Tesla stock hits $420 all
9-1-1 Crew Member Rico Priem's Cause of Death Revealed
135 million Americans now sweltering in unrelenting heat wave
2024 Men's College World Series championship series set: Tennessee vs. Texas A&M schedule